Friday, April 10, 2009

Shay's letter

We had a meeting last Monday at work explaining why Oregon is being hit so hard with this recession. I guess Oregonians thought that we could slip though the cracks without being fazed. We were supposed to be safe because we are so close to California as well as our coast line being closest to China and Japan and the trade they bring in. We are also considered the "Green state" (not sure why that was supposed to help) Needless to say, we've been hit probably the hardest with the highest unemployment rate. Devin has been out of work since last August and still hasn't been able to start schooling. The school district that I work for lost 1+ million dollars and is closing the school four days early to save costs. We lost 15+ million for next year and it looks like I will be out of work as well.

My friends at work have been very worried about us. Devin is my rock and always reminds me that God is on our side. With his encouragement I try to tell everyone I work with that we trust in God and we will make it. They all know we have faith but I don't think they knew how deep it went until this week.

Shayli's teacher asked that the kids write a letter to another student or a school adult. Mrs. Reed read all the letters before they were sent on. When she read Shay's it made her cry. This is what it said,

Dear Mom,
I love you and I know our family is having a rough time but we will get through it with Jesus hand over us and help me get through it too. I hope you are glad to have me.
Love Shayli

Mrs. Reed shared it and after I received it, I brought it back and shared it with more. I saw more people get teary eyed that day than ever before! I told Shay that I was going to put her letter in our box of wisdom because it was so wise of her to be my encouragement. I love my girls and thank God for them every day.

4 comments:

  1. Shay is such a sweetheart and what an encouragement to her parents. The college that I work for is discontinuing my job too...one more confirmation that the timing for our move is right. Please give the girls hugs for us. We'll be praying for your job situation. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even got a little teary-eyed reading Shayli's letter. That is definitely something you need to keep! It's amazing how God can speak through kids that can make adults want to fall on their knees, you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndi I am sorry about your job thing. God will take care of you guys. I know that is easy for me to say here in TX. I will be praying fpr you all.
    Shay's letter is so sweet. That us one to keep forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have one of your KIDS remind you that God is taking care of you!

    We will pray for you guys. Shayli is so right. In Jesus' hand, you will get through this. "I've never seen the righteous forsaken, nor their seed begging bread," right? Hang in there. We love you and are praying for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete